Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 24: Library of Congress fellowship?

So, last week I found out about this Library of Congress fellowship.  It's a nine month position where you get to work at one of several D.C. digital libraries/humanities institutions.  I think I may apply because it seems like it may be interesting and a good stepping stone.  In order to prepare, I did a few hours this week researching the Folger Shakespeare Library and MITH.  I also did some work on improving my resume. 

Again, I attended the Digital Library Brown Bag.  Stacey Konkiel, the E-Science librarian and Heather Coates (remotely from IUPUI) did the talk.  It was on the university-wide suite of data services that librarians have developed to address the need for academic libraries to evolve to include research data curation and management services.  Most of these services seem to be used primarily by science faculty and students, but a small number of services exist to provide support and platforms for social science and humanities scholars.  I admired how the speakers emphasized the need for campus-specific resources, given that the Bloomington and IUPUI campuses tend to possess slightly different research and output emphases. 

To round out the week, I continued the JavaScript tutorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment